The Swiss government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards various postgraduate scholarships to foreign scholars and researchers:
This year, the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is offering Masters scholarships to Art students (Artists). Every year,Â the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is offered for PhD, Postdoctoral and Research for Foreign Students from Africa and other Countries to Study Abroad in Switzerland.Â New information asÂ More countries have been included.Â Search for your country using thisÂ newÂ link:
Course Level:Â Masters (for the arts scholarship),Â PhD, Postdoctoral and Research Scholarships
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â International students from more than 180 countries. Â See the official website for complete list of eligible countries.
To be taken at:Â Any of the ten (10) Swiss PublicÂ Universities, the two (2) Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, the publicÂ teaching and research institutes and the Universities of applied sciences
Eligible Field of Study:Â All academic fields
- TheÂ research scholarshipÂ is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a masterâ€™s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarshipsÂ are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial masterâ€™s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. Only those who have already been awarded a place to study may apply. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
These scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue masters, doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland at one of the public funded university or recognised institution.
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
a) Candidate profile
b) Quality of the research project or artistic work
c) Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
The FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2018â€“19 academic year by the end of May 2018.
Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) which subsequently takes the final decision.
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
CandidatesÂ for the University Scholarships must;
- hold a university degree (Bachelors/Masters) on commencement of the scholarship.
- be able to demonstrate their academic abilities and what they aim to achieve.
- contact the institution and/or the professor supervising their period of research. Universities may request supplementary information and/or set certain additional conditions to determine whether or not you qualify for admission.
- be under the age of 35 (born on or after 1 January 1976).
- be suitably proficient in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian or English) in order to draw full benefit from their studies in Switzerland.
Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for general and specific eligibility criteria.
Number of Scholarships:Â not specified
Value of Scholarship:Â The scholarship covers a monthly payment , exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance, etc. See the fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
Duration of Scholarship:Â for the period of study
Method of Application:Â
Visit theÂ scholarship webpageÂ and select your country for country-specific application instruction.
Sponsors:Â Swiss Government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
Scholarship Application Deadline: (Varies by countries, generallyÂ 30th November).Â Submission to Swiss Representation is from Sept to Dec.Â However, be sure to check the application deadline of your own country.