The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Scholarships are available to studentsÂ enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato.
Course level:Â Entrance/School Leaver, Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught)
Award Provider:Â University of Waikato
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries In Africa:Â Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Countries:Â USA, Canada,Â Brazil, Columbia, Mexico,Â Germany, UK, France, Norway,Â China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan,Â India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal,Â Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines andÂ Jordan.
To be taken at (country):Â New Zealand
Eligible Field of Study:Â Courses offered at the University
About the Award:Â The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling into foundation, undergraduate, or postgraduate programmes for the first time at the University of Waikato.
Offered Since:Â 2015
To be eligible, candidate must:
- be a citizen of a country listed above,
- be enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato,
- not be classified as a domestic student,
- be in receipt of a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato,
- have met the English language requirements for admission, or completed a Certificate of Attainment in English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies,
- be commencing full-time study in the year of tenure and be intending to study at the University of Waikato for a minimum of 12 months,
- be residing in NZ for the tenure of the scholarship,
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body , and
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or on a Study Abroad and Exchange Programme agreement.
- The Scholarships will be offered on the basis of academic merit and future potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Applications will be short-listed by the Universityâ€™s International Regional Managersâ€™ and forwarded to the Selection Panel.
- The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director â€“ International (or their nominees) and will regularly meet to assess applications.
- The Selection Panelâ€™s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the selection meeting.
Number of Awardees:Â Several
Value of Scholarship:Â $10000
Duration of Scholarship:Â The Scholarship is tenable only within the year for which it is awarded.
Method of Application:
- Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed online form.
- Applications can be submitted at any time prior to the start of the programme in which the applicant is holding an offer for. However, it is strongly recommended that applications are submitted at least six weeks prior to the start of the applicantâ€™s foundation or degree programme.
- Applications must be submitted along with:
- an Application to Enrol (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), OR a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
- a personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th September 2017
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link
Important Notes:Â Successful candidatesÂ will receive a Scholarship offer which is valid for 4 weeks. Students must confirm their acceptance of the Scholarship by the date requested in the offer letter or the Scholarship will be reallocated to another student. Upon confirmation, the recipient will receive an official Scholarship letter to include with their Immigration New Zealand visa application.