MOUNAF (MobilitÃ© Universitaire en Afrique) is a project for academic mobility funded by European Union under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
MOUNAF will provide up to 100 scholarships for doctoral and masterâ€™s students and also Staff in Africa. Scholarships are awarded in the field of Agriculture and food security, Engineering, including infrastructure and energy and Health & Environment.
This action aims to internationalize evaluation systems, master programs and doctoral research within African universities through academic mobility.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral and masterâ€™s programme at UniversitÃ© Moulay Ismail (Morocco), Jimma University (Ethiopia), University of Limpopo (South Africa), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique), UniversitÃ© Cadi Ayyad (Morocco), UniversitÃ© de Kisangani (DR Congo).
Study Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of Agriculture and food security, Engineering, including infrastructure and energy and Health & Environment.
Scholarship Award:Â The MOUNAF individual scholarships will cover:
- One roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs for all scholarship holders (based on distance)
- A monthly subsistence allowance payable on a regular basis during the mobility period
Mobility Type Â Â Monthly Allowance
Masters Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â â‚¬600
Doctorates Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â â‚¬900
StaffÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â â‚¬1000
- Accommodation expenses are to be covered by the scholarship recipient and can be done from the monthly subsistence allowance. Host universities may be contacted to facilitate local accommodation (if any).
- Participation Costs which may include tuition fees, registration fees and service fees
- Research costs to cover the research activities (laboratory consumable costs, field research costs, registration for online research platform, etc.) of master students and doctoral candidates
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A settling-in allowance of â‚¬600 for masters and â‚¬900 for doctorates is paid once upon arrival.
- Female scholarship holders receive an extra allowance of â‚¬600/month for masters and â‚¬900/month for doctorates in case the mobility equals or is longer than 2 academic years. This allowance is paid per academic year.
Scholarship can be taken in:Â Morocco, Ethiopia, South Africa, Mozambique and Congo RD
To be eligible for the Scholarship, masters and doctoral students must:
- Be a national and resident of any of the eligible African countries.
- Target group 1 students must be registered or admitted to one of the Higher Education Institutions comprising the consortium at the time of application for the scholarship.Â Eligible students must therefore be registered/ admitted in or having obtained a degree from Moulay Ismail University, Jimma University, University of Limpopo, Eduardo Mondlane University, UniversitÃ© Cadi Ayyad and UniversitÃ© de Kisangani.
- Target group 2 students must be registered/admitted in or having obtained a degree from a Higher Education Institution not included in the partnership but established in one of the eligible African countries.
- Students are also required to have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
Nationality:Â Citizens of African countries are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Method of Application:
The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 20, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link