Goethe Universityâ€™s Master scholarshipÂ programme is a groundÂbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020) we will be ofÂfering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research.
The Goethe University offers Master Scholarship program, funded by the Johanna-Quandt-Foundation Frankfurt.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- German students can apply as well as foreign students. All applicants need to have completed at least two-thirds of their Bachelorâ€™s degree (or another equivalent or higher degree) at a university outside of Germany and meet the other conditions mentioned on the website.
- Goethe University gives preference to candidates who are not enrolled in another German university.
Study Subject:Â Within the Goethe Goes Global Programme, scholarships can be awarded to the following Master programs:
Humanities and Social Sciences
Masterâ€™s Programmes and Related Research Units
Scholarship Award:Â Goethe University will provideÂ you, as a scholarship holder,Â with:
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 â‚¬ for the standard period of study in a Master program at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the universityâ€™sÂ most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Masterâ€™s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Masterâ€™s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate AcademyÂ GRADE, normally open only to Ph.D. students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe Universityâ€™s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
Â National/International Students:Â Â German, as well as foreign students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Method of Application:
The application has to be submitted via Goethe Universityâ€™s MasterPortal. Open the application form for the Master program of your choice and you will be guided to the Scholarship application.
To apply for the scholarship program you will need:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree (or equivalent) at least two-thirds of which have been completed at a university outside Germany plus a transcript of records
- TwoÂ letters of recommendationÂ from professors or other academic staff (signed by hand and officially sealed), stating your excellent or above-average performance (among the top 10% of graduates from your previous degree program)
- AÂ letter of motivationÂ outlining a study plan and demonstrating your academic ability as well as your principle research interest
- Proof of proficiency in German and/or English (depending on the language of instruction of the Masterâ€™s course)
- A comprehensive CV in tabular form
- To be admitted to one of the selected Master program (the selection process for both the Masterâ€™s program and the scholarship takes place at the same time)
- To identify one of the research units which the Master program of your choice is related to. The respective research unit should match your research interest and be a potential workplace for you in the future (you have to select a single research unit) see: â€œMaster Programmesâ€ or â€œResearch Unitsâ€ for details on the research units).
- You can apply for up to three degree programs. However, you are only allowed to apply for one relevant research unit in connection with your scholarship application
- After you have completed the first half of the study period, you will have to submit a transcript of records proving your successful performance, in order to receive further funding (for Sinology and History after six months and for the remaining degree programs after one year)
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â July 30, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship link