UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Faculty of Science and Technology, has a PhD student position vacant for applicants who wish to obtain the degree of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD). The appointment is for a period of three years.
The PhD project will focus on Oil Spill Remote Sensing. Oil slicks on the ocean surface are seen as dark patches in a synthetic aperture radar (SAR) image.
Â The PhD position is for a fixed term, with the objective of completion of research training to the level of a doctoral degree.
Â CIRFA is hosted by the Department of Physics and Technology at UiT â€“ the Arctic University of Norway.Â CIRFA is one of 17Â Centres for Research-based Innovation (SFI) granted in 2014.
Â Course Level:Â This position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Â Study Subject:Â Â PhD position is awarded in the project of Oil Spill Remote Sensing.
Scholarship Award:Â Remuneration for the position of PhD Candidate is in accordance with the State salary scale code 1017. A compulsory contribution of 2 % to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund will be deducted. The starting gross salary is approximately 430 000 NOK per year. The University also provides assistance with housing for new employees.
Number of Awards:Â Not Known
Â Scholarship can be taken inÂ Norway
Â Eligibility Criteria:
Candidate holding a Masterâ€™s degree in physics or mathematics, with documented knowledge and interests in theoretical aspects of radar remote sensing, including radar scattering modelling, and experience in signal and image analysis of multi-polarization SAR data. A background in remote sensing for ocean applications is an advantage.
Nationality:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Â College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements:Â Applicants must have a Masterâ€™s degree in physics or mathematics.
English Language Requirements:Â Applicants should be able to document proficiency in English equivalent to Norwegian Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
Method of Applicaton:
The application must be submitted electronically via theÂ application form.
In addition, by the application deadline, the application must contain:
- 1-2 page letter of application (cover letter) highlighting the candidateâ€™s background and its relevance to the announced job
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work)
- Certified* copies of:
- Diploma and transcript from your Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent
- Diploma and transcript from your Masterâ€™s degree or equivalent
- Diploma supplement for completed degrees
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- List of works and description of these (see below)
The list of works shall contain the following information:
- Author(s), the workâ€™s title
- For articles: the journalâ€™s name and volume, the first and last page of the article, year of publication
- For publications: publisher, printer, year of publication, number of pages
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â July 20, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link