The SACIDS-ACE is an ONE HEALTH Virtual Centre, whose Mission is to harness innovation in science and technology in order to improve Africaâ€™s capacity to detect, identify and monitor infectious diseases of humans, animals, ecosystems and their interactions in order to better manage the risk posed by them.
The Southern African Centre for Infectious Disease Surveillance, Africa Centre of Excellence is welcoming applicants of Africa for its Research Fellowships programme. Â These fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral, PhD and MPhil/MSc programme atÂ Sokoine University of Agriculture or Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences.
The aim of the fellowships is to give an opportunity for research that will contribute to health, food, livelihoods and environment securities at African community, national, regional and continental levels and thereby to the global health and food security agendas.
Course Level:Â These fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral,Â PhD and MPhil/MSc programme.
Study Subject:Â These fellowships are awarded in the following fields:
- STRAND 1: Addressing Viral Disease Threat to Human Health, Food Security and Livelihoods.
- STRAND 2: Addressing Chronic Neglected Tropical Infectious Diseases (NTDs) in poor and marginalised communities â€“ focusing on genetic determinants and genomic epidemiology of Mycobacterial infections across the human, animal and environment compartments as well as on Antimicrobial resistance. Proposals on other bacterial or parasitic NTDs will also be considered where such proposals will contribute to collaboration with other programmes/partners and are associated with funding.
- STRAND 3: Addressing Community Level One Health Security â€“ cross-cutting: disease surveillance, ecoHealth, health and food systems, social, economic and/or environmental determinants of health and/or food security.
Scholarship Award: Â These fellowships will cover stipend, university registration fees, approved research expenses, travel to partner institutions
Numbers of Scholarships:Â Total forty fellowships are available.
- Postdoctoral- two
- PhDÂ â€“thirty
- MPhil/ MSc- eight
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Tanzania
Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Applications should be submitted to either SUA or MUHAS with copies to the SACIDS Secretariat. A candidate can apply to one or both universities, although ultimately will register at only one university.
- Â Candidate should ensure they meet the admission requirements of SUA or MUHAS as described on the university website;
- For SUA Admission to MPhil, PhD and Postdoc programs see the Regulations and Guidelines for Higher Degrees
Nationality:Â African applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
Method of Application:Â
Applicants can apply via email or post.
- Three copies of duly filled â€œApplication formsâ€ as a student for Higher Degree â€œ (Enclosed/Attached).
- Three endorsed true copies of all relevant Academic Transcripts
- Three copies of all relevant Degree Certificates
- Three recent passport size photographs with your name printed on the back of each photograph.
- Referee reports: Please contact two persons who are prepared to act as referees on your behalf and request them to fill the attached referee forms.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â July 28, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link