The Wits School of Law and International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) at Erasmus University Rotterdam is offering scholarship and fellowship opportunities to prospective PhD applicants who wants to undergo a doctorate degree at the Institution.
Applicants who are successfully admitted to the programme will be waived of tuition fees from both ISS and Wits.
Country To Be Taken: South Africa and The Netherlands
Fields of Study: PhD applicants are encouraged to select from a range of topics in international law, society and development such as:
- Critical, development-oriented aspects of trade and investment
- Socio-economic deprivation
- Human rights and humanitarian law
- Health and the environment
Eligible Countries:Â Africans
- Applicants must be at entry-level for a PhD with an average of at least 70% in a Masterâ€™s degree within a relevant area.
- Applicants must be African students
- Applicants must have completed their masters degree and bachelors degree program at any recognized Institution.
- Applicants must have excellent results from previous educational programs
Method of Application:Â Interested applicants may apply for entry into the ISS-Wits Joint PhD Programme by emailing the following to Ms Raquel McBride Raquel.McBride@wits.ac.za:
- An expression of interest that outlines the gist of the PhD study that you wish to undertake (approximately five pages in length excluding your preliminary bibliography);
- Academic transcript;
- Curriculum Vitae.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th June, 2017
For More Information,Â Visit The Official Website