The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) are pleased to announce the call for scholarship applications for 2018 in the following categories: Free-standing, Innovation, and Scarce Skills Development fund Masters and Doctoral Scholarships; as well as Scholarships for Freestanding Doctoral Studies Abroad.
The NRF makes funds available to support NRF Freestanding, SSDF and Innovation (including DST Priority Research Areas) Masters and Doctoral (including Doctoral abroad) candidates for the 2018 academic year.Â Masters and Doctoral scholarships are awarded through a competitive process following a merit review process. However, NRF Freestanding Masters bursaries are released as block grants to South African public Universities.
To be taken at (country): South African public Universities.
Eligible Fields of Study:Â Science, Engineering and Technology
Offered Annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries: This Scholarship program is awarded to South African citizens, South African permanent residents as well as to a limited percentage of non-South African citizens registered at a South African public university for full-time studies.
- Applicants must be Non-South African or South African Citizen or Resident.
- Applicants must be registered and based at an accredited South African or an Abroad Research Institution as a full-time student during the tenure of the scholarship.
- Applicants must not concurrently hold the scholarship with any full-time salaried employment position.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student during the tenure of the scholarship.
- Applicants must have good academic records
- Applicants must have completed their bachelors degree program
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 21st July 2017
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information