The Newcastle University, UK is offering scholarship opportunities to International students who wants to obtain a Postgraduate degree program in Medical Sciences.
This scholarship program is worthÂ Â£1,500 and will be provided to successful applicants.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences is offering a small number of scholarships for 2017 entry into the following courses:
- MRes Ageing and Health
- MRes Animal Behaviour
- MRes Biotechnology and Business Enterprise
- MRes Cancer
- MRes Cardiovascular Science in Health and Disease
- MRes Diabetes
- MRes Epidemiology
- MRes Evolution and Human Behaviour
- MRes Immunobiology
- MRes Medical Genetics
- MRes Medical and Molecular Biosciences
- MRes Mitochondrial Biology and Medicine
- MRes Molecular Microbiology
- MRes Musculoskeletal ageing (CIMA)
- MRes Neuromuscular Diseases
- MRes Neuroscience
- MRes Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
- MRes Systems Biology
- MRes Toxicology
- MRes Translational Medicine and Therapeutics
- MRes Transplantation
- MSc Medical Science
Sponsor: Faculty of Medical Sciences
Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Faculty of Medical Sciences International Masters Excellence scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2017/18 academic year
- registered for one of the following eligible courses
- wholly or partially self-financing
- defined as â€˜internationalâ€™ for fee purposes
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellorâ€™s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as â€˜homeâ€™ for fee purposes
- MPhil, doctoral (eg,PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma,
- Holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Mastersâ€™ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to â€˜homeâ€™.
How to apply
Academic offer holders on an eligible course who have been assessed as international for fees purposes will be invited to apply for the Faculty of Medical Sciences International Masters Excellence Scholarship.
Details of how to apply will be set to students after their offer has been made.
Faculty of Medical Sciences
Tel: +44 (0) 191 208 4841