TheÂ American University, USA invites applications from international students who wants to pursue an undergraduate degree program at the Institution.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Eligible Countries: International
Scholarship Eligibility / CriteriaÂ :
- Applicant must beÂ secondary school students (not university students) applying as first-year (freshman) students for the fall (August) 2017 semester.
- Applicant must have excellent results from previous educational programs.
- Applicant must be proficient in English Language.
- Applicant must demonstrate commitment to service and advancing the needs of people in their home country.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2018.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL (or above).
Method Application: Click here to begin application process
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th December, 2017.
For More Information,Â Visit The Scholarship Webpage