The Hasselts University Scholarship offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain a master’s degree in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). Applications are now open.
The International Course Programme (ICP) anually offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain an MSc in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety).The programme takes two years and has a specific focus on road safety in developing countries.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars:
- The individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments),
- The environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and
- The society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures).
Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
The holders of the Hasselts University Scholarship will receive holistic support which includes:
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time paymnt for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
- The maximum age of applicants should be 35 on 1st January 2024
- Only people from the below 31 countries are eligible for a scholarship
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Documents Required for Application
You will be submitting the following while applying for the 2024 Hasselts University Scholarship;
- Passport photo (mandatory for scholarship applicants)
- Secondary/High School Diploma
- Resume (mandatory)
- English language Proficiency (may vary per programme)
- Letter of Motivation (mandatory)
- Recommendation Letters (two letters required for scholarship applicants)
- Higher Education Diplomas
- Higher Education Transcript of Records
- Official translations of Diplomas and Transcript of Records
- VLIR-UOS scholarship Application Form (mandatory for ICP scholarship applicants)
Method of Application
A complete application consists of the following two parts:
- Complete the online pre-registration. Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
- On the STUDY PROGRAMME page, choose for the “Master of Transportation Sciences: Traffic Safety (new from 19-20) (incl ICP)“.
- After the HIGHER EDUCATION page, you can proceed to the ICP page where you can select if you wish to apply for an ICP scholarship (if you meet the eligibility criteria).
- Send hard copies of certified degree certificates and academic transcripts as well as a printout of the filled-in ICP application form (to be downloaded from the “ICP” page) by postal mail.
- The ICP application form also contains a checklist of all documents that have to be sent by postal mail.
- All applicants are required to send certified hard copies of higher education (Bachelor, Master, PhD, etc.) diploma certificates as well as transcripts of records thereof by postal mail to Hasselt University.
- If your documents are in a language other than English, French, Dutch or German you need to send certified hard copies of the officially translated documents as well.
- What are certified hard copies?
Your Application Is Only Complete And Can Be Processed Once Both Your Online Pre-Registration Is Complete And The Certified Hard Copies Of Your Documents Have Arrived At The Admission’s Office Before The Application Deadline. Applications And Documents Received After This Deadline Will Not Be Taken Into Consideration.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024.