The Ecole normale supérieure aims at varying its students’ profiles and incorporates students to be enrolled in the 3rd year of bachelor (licence 3) or 1st year of master (master 1), coming from all over the world and from all disciplines. The competitive examination of the International selection is intended to young graduates in Arts & Humanities as well as Sciences, who justify at least of one year undergraduate studies in a foreign university and distinguish themselves with outstanding results.
Joining ENS through the competitive examination of the International selection gives access to training of excellence, through contact with exceptional researchers, in a privileged training and research environment. Integrated to the community of the normaliens, international students continue their studies at ENS and at the university at the same time, while benefiting from a 1000 euros grant for 3 years and from a room on one of the ENS campuses. At the end of their studies, these students have graduated with a master degree in their speciality and with the diploma of École normale supérieure.
The examination takes place in 2 steps: a selection based upon application, then oral and written tests in Paris for shortlisted candidates.
ENS opens 10 positions in Sciences and 10 positions in Arts& Humanities.
Monthly grant of 1,000 Euros for three years and a room on one of the ENS campuses.
- Candidates must not be after their 26th birthday on December 1st.
- Candidates must not have applied to the International Selection before.
- Candidates must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year.
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission.
On rare occasions, the Director of ENS may authorise applications from candidates whose academic background is non-standard.
International selection in Arts&Humanities 2024:
- Application : October 17 to December 11, 2023 (23h59, Paris time)
- Shortlist : January 24, 2024
- Written tests : Between February 28 and March 1st, 2024
- Oral tests : Between March 4 and March 8, 2024
- Admission results : March 13, 2024
Method of Application
To apply, fill the initial application form HERE
- you must fill and validate the initial application form: http://www1.ens.fr/recrutement-si/
- Within 2 days, you receive an email to activate an account on Dematec, an application where you must upload the required documents in PDF format.
- If your file on Dematec is complete, it is submitted to the jury.
- If the jury selects your dossier, you are invited to take written and oral tests in Paris.
- The marks obtained at the tests determine the list of admitted students.
NB: Applicants interested in the Department of Cognitive Studies can apply using the Science or Arts&Humanities forms indiscriminately. For more information, please visit the Cogmaster website.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: December 11, 2023.