The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 195 Members, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Programme proactively and strategically mobilizes broad-based volunteer services of citizens of Members to contribute to end hunger, malnutrition, and food insecurity.
• Must have completed secondary school education.
• Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
• Be nationals of FAO Members.
• Candidates should be aged 18 or older.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2023