This PhD scholarships provide support for research projects on Commonwealth-related themes. Two scholarships are available each year;
- One for students registered at UK universities
- One for students registered at universities in other Commonwealth countries
Applications are welcomed from a broad range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, but preference may be given to disciplines usually covered by the Round Table journal, including (but not exclusively) politics, international relations, economics, international history, geography, law, development studies, and area studies.
Applications in the pure sciences and medicine will not be considered, but studies relating to science and health policies are welcomed.
The first scholarship is open to registered PhD students from UK universities, although not necessarily UK citizens.
The second is open to registered PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth counties other than the UK, and to Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarship alumni who are PhD students at any Commonwealth university outside the UK.
Value of Award: £5,500
Number of Awards: 2
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Countries
Method of Application
Applicants should download the Routledge/Round Table Studentship Awards application form, complete it, and return it to email@example.com no later than 17.00 BST on Friday 28 July 2023, accompanied by a current CV.
The application form asks you to:
- Summarise your proposed research topic for the Routledge/Round Table Studentship awards (100-400 words);
- Summarise your intended outcomes if you are successful in applying for an award (100-400 words);
- Summarise the likely impact of your research and why you think it is important (100-400 words); and
- Summarise how the award would benefit your research (100-400 words).
Your answers can either be typed into the form or sent as attachments.
The form asks for the name of your proposed mentor.
The form also asks for the names of two referees (one of whom should be your current PhD/DPhil supervisor). It is your responsibility to ask these referees for references. They may either send them to you for forwarding with the completed application, or they may send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 17.00 BST on Friday 28 July 2023