VivaTech and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) have teamed up for the second edition of the AfricaTech Awards. This initiative aims to recognize and support innovative Africa-focused companies with disruptive solutions in the Climate tech, Health tech, and Fintech sectors.
Tech entrepreneurs can provide vital solutions to major global challenges, while also driving economic growth and fostering sustainable development. Despite increasing interest from investors, startups in emerging markets often struggle to access the networks and capital they need to scale their business.
Through the AfricaTech Awards, VivaTech and IFC aim to create new opportunities for tech companies that are having a transformational impact across Africa. The winners of the Awards will gain access to leaders and top executives in the tech industry and increased visibility among global investors, including IFC, one of the largest venture capital investors in emerging markets. The inaugural edition of the Awards, which launched last year, attracted more than 300 applicants.
- Operating in Africa: majority of the team based in Africa and/or serving African markets
- Having a solution or product addressing the African market
- Must have raised a minimum of USD 200K and a maximum of USD 10M in capital
- Must address one of the following themes: Climate Tech, Health Tech or FinTech
REWARDS FOR THE FINALISTS
The top 9 startups (3 in each category) will receive:
- Fly to Paris and attend VivaTech
- Meet key playersto scale your business
- Benefit from a strong visibility
- Invitation to the event (flights, passes and booth at VivaTech all included)
- Pitch on stage on the AfricaTech Lab
- Take part in the official AfricaTech Awards ceremony
REWARDS FOR THE WINNERS
The 3 winners (1 in each category) will receive:
- Climate Tech
- Health Tech
- 1:1 mentoring session with the founder of a unicorn company in IFC’s portfolio
- Award from the sponsor of the category to be announced soon
Climate Tech Challenge
- Solutions that can reduce emissions, protect the environment, and help communities become more climate resilient.More information
Health Tech Challenge
- Solutions that can expand access to healthcare among underserved communities, reduce the cost of services, and boost innovation in the healthcare sector.
- Solutions that can expand access to financial services among underserved communities, promote financial inclusion and financial literacy, and improve the efficiency of the banking infrastructure.
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: March 20, 2023