The Goi Peace Foundation annual International Essay Contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
* This program is an activity within the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development: Towards achieving the SDGs (ESD for 2030).
“Youth Creating a Peaceful Future”
What does a peaceful world look like to you? How can young people work together, using creative ideas and approaches to realize a peaceful future? Please share your specific ideas
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2023) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$740 as of Feb. 2023) and gift … 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$370 as of Feb. 2023) and gift … 3 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
* 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
* Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2023 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2023.
* Goi Foundation is unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
The Goi Peace Foundation
Under the auspices of
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan
Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation
Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc
SEIKO GROUP CORPORATION, PLUS CORPORATION
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023 (23:59 your local time).