The University of Manchester, UK is offering a scholarship opportunity to interested students who are willing to undertake a degree program at the Institution. This scholarship opportunity will be of interest to students of the highest calibre who have the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world leading research environment.
Eligibility: To be considered for this award you must:
- Have submitted an application by the deadline for a PhD programme to start in September 2023.
- Hold (or expect to acheive) a first class or 2.1 UK honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate potential for academic research. This may include undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications or articles, promoting research to a wider audience, prizes for previous work or setting up collaborations with other groups.
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in broader activities, e.g. outreach, volunteering, community engagement, engagement in EDIA and other extra-curricular activities
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Postgraduate Research
Number of Award: Not Mentioned
Value of Award:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
Method of Application: Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships work on a nomination basis, the lead supervisor will consider you for nomination and will support you through the process.
It is important that you have had significant contact with the supervisory team during the application process and that they are aware that you wish to be considered for funding. In order to be considered, applicants must apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice as early as possible before the advertised funding deadline.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023