Recognising the imminent need to channel capital towards ocean conservation, CS recently launched a for-return product to offer to its clients, in conjunction with the World Bank, which helps finance ocean conservation projects ranging from the creation of Marine Protected Areas to helping prevent marine waste.
Credit Suisse is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14. The Challenge aims to surface and support impactful enterprises that look to further narrow the gap in achieving SDG 14. Credit Suisse welcomes entrepreneurs with for-profit enterprises that help improve ocean health, in any form, to submit their business plan for consideration.
Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG14 challenge. See ‘About’.
Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
For-profit: Be a registered business operating with a for-profit model.
Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
Proven: Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
Measurable: Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
Scalable: Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023
- A US$50,000 grant from Credit Suisse
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Credit Suisse professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- 1 March 2023: Applications close.
- 9 March 2023: Shortlisted candidates confirmed and invited to submit second round application.
- 23 March 2023: Second round application deadline.
- 13 – 24 March 2023: Candidate interviews.
- 27 April 2023: Challenge Winner confirmed.
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2023