Applications for the program’s 2022–2023 edition are now being accepted by AFEPA. Applications for programme admission and Eramus Joint Masters Degrees (EMJMD) Scholarships should be sent not later than the date below.
The European Master’s programme in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) responds to the increasing need to better understand the socio-economic and environmental effects of agricultural, food and environmental policies. It provides you with high quality education in their design and assessment. The programme is policy oriented and focuses on economic analysis which prepares you for a professional, international and world-changing career.
Eligibility: To be admitted to the ERASMUS Mundus Master’s Programme in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis candidates need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent academic degree of minimum three years of undergraduate study corresponding to 180 ECTS credits with a grade of at least an overall average “B” or equivalent grade. Students in their final year of their Bachelor’s degree may be provisionally admitted in the AFEPA Master’s programme on the condition that their Bachelor’s degree is awarded prior to enrollment in the programme.
- A minimum of 24 ECTS credits in economics – including microeconomics, management, mathematics, and statistics. An additional introduction to agricultural, environmental or food sciences is recommended. Please make sure that your official bachelor’s transcript either shows credit points according to the ECTS credit point system or else attach a diploma supplement that explains the credit point system of your university.
- English proficiency test results (not older than two years):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 90 on the Internet-based Test (IBT), with a minimum of 20 on the written part.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): an overall band IELTS score of at least 6.5, and no section below 5.5.
- A test deemed equivalent by the AFEPA Management Board (if you want to submit test results other than from the TOEFL or IELTS tests please obtain our confirmation of that particular test prior to sending your application package).
- Note: Applicants from English speaking countries must provide an official letter from their university from which they graduated attesting that English is the media of instruction. It is upon the consortium’s decision whether an English Test as described above must be submitted additionally.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Universities):
The AFEPA main partner universities are:
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) in Milano, Italy
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität (UBonn) in Bonn, Germany
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala, Sweden
- Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) in Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium
The associated AFEPA partner universities are:
- Pontificia Universidad Católica (PUC) in Santiago, Chile
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain
- African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) in Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: The AFEPA consortium offers a limited number of EMJMD scholarships, which vary according to the geographic origin of an applicant. In addition to the financial contributions described in the table below EMJMD scholarship recipients will be exempt from paying tuition or similar administrative fees. They also benefit from a comprehensive health insurance package and free preparatory language class.
Winners also receive:
- Double degree from two renowned European Universities
- Two-year programme
- Specializations in agri-food and trade policy, environmental and natural resource policy, agribusiness and market analysis, market and consumer research, or development policy
- Yearly Summer School including field trips and social events
- International experience in a world-wide network and great career opportunities
The AFEPA experience gives you:
- A diverse and high quality Master’s education with great career opportunities
- An international experience in a world-wide network and good preparation for a global job market
- A double Master’s degree from two renowned European universities
Duration of Award: 2 years
Method of Application: Please follow the application procedure instructions and first check the admission criteria to see if it is the right programme for you. Scholarships for students and scholars are available from the prestigious Erasmus Mundus study programme of the European Commission.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2023, 11 pm