The International Scholar Initiative (IPSI) recruits candidates who completed their latest degree outside of Australia to come to WEHI to undertake their research. IPSI selects students on the basis of their academic record, relevant experience, research motivation, referees’ reports and a video conference interview.
- Applicants must be International students.
- Applicants must have a four-year undergraduate degree (with a substantial research component) or masters degree at an international university
- Applicants must be in the final academic year of their current degree due to complete in first semester of 2023.
- Applicants must be proficient in English Langauge
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: The International PhD Scholarships provide a living allowance equivalent to the current Melbourne Research Scholarship rate. In addition, all PhD students receive WEHI’s $2000 per annum scholarship top-up plus a relocation allowance, health insurance coverage, and a university tuition fee offset.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Method of Application: Prospective international students should investigate research projects with individual supervisors, attend our Student Open Days and be aware of the PhD application process for research opportunities with us.
To apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative in 2022, international applicants (not currently or recently enrolled at an Australian university) will be required to:
- Check that you currently meet or are on track to meet the entry requirements for PhD candidature at the University of Melbourne.
- Investigate the student project opportunities to identify your preferred research areas (applicants should contact supervisors to discuss projects).
- Complete and submit an application form online.
You will be asked to nominate up to three research projects or WEHI supervisors for your application. You are encouraged to directly contact supervisor/s to discuss projects; any supervisor/s verbal agreement is informal at this stage. If you have secured a project with a WEHI supervisor, include a letter of support (optional). You will be asked to submit the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter that explains your research interests and motivation for doing a PhD
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts (include university grading scale and English translation, if applicable).
Application Deadline: 11th November 2022.