The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders. Global Scholars are researchers within five years of their first academic appointment from anywhere in the world.
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on March 22-24, 2021 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
Duration of Program: 2 years
Method of Application: They invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs:
Application Deadline: 25th October 2022 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)