Science by Women announces its first competition with the aim of giving continuity to the research that the beneficiaries of the programme have been carrying out during their six-month stays in the different associated Spanish centres. Scientific dissemination, technology transfer and innovation have proven to be key elements for the sustainable development of societies.
Ensuring that the research carried out by the beneficiaries has an impact in their countries of origin is a priority for Science by Women which, through this competition, aims to take the next unavoidable step: the implementation of projects and initiatives that benefit the welfare of local communities and give visibility to the transformative power of science done by women.
The competition has two categories:
- Scientific Dissemination – €4,000.
- Technology Transfer – €7,000.
The competition is open to women scientists who have completed or are currently completing their research stays in any of the seven
editions of Science by Women. The projects and initiatives (which may also be science and technology-based ventures) submitted must be developed in the African country of origin of the candidates.
Women scientists who, at the date of publication of this competition, have not yet started their research stay are not eligible to apply.
Only one project proposal may be submitted, so they will have to choose which category best meets their objectives. The categories are:
- One finalist project will be selected for each category. After the selection, the winning scientist will receive 50% of the total amount (after
deducting the applicable tax of 24%) and, after two months, will have to submit the technical and economic report. Once approved by the
Women for Africa Foundation, she will receive the final balance of 50% of the total amount (after deduction of the applicable tax of 24%).
Method of Application:
- The project proposal document must include: introduction, relevance, objectives, methodology, timeline and impact and monitoring as well
as detailed budget. In addition, an updated CV must be attached.
- The evaluation and selection criteria include: quality, environmental and economic sustainability, social impact and commitment to gender
- Women scientists whose projects are selected by the jury undertake to provide a proof of expenses within two months of receiving the first
payment and at the end of the project.
- Projects should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- The deadline for submitting projects is from 9:00 a.m. on 20 September 2022 until 00:00 a.m. on 12 October 2022.
- The award decision will be published on 27 October 2022 through our website and our Social Networks.
Application Deadline: 12 October 2022.