The Global Digital Democracy Challenge aims to develop innovative solutions that strengthen and enhance Digital Democracy. The project will identify solutions that can be deployed to alleviate digital pain points experienced by citizens living in countries with limited cyber freedom and stringent communications restrictions.
The program calls for socially committed citizens worldwide, problem solvers, creative minds, democracy experts, programmers, graphic and web designers to come together in a 72-hour collaborative digital process that will finish in a Demo Day where the participants will pitch in front of a jury.
- Must be a team already (minimum of 3 members)
- Passionate about solving issues surrounding the decline of democracy globally
- Must have an idea already or even an MVP that can be developed further during the Hackathon
- LAUNCH CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 9th of August 2021
- APPLICATION DEADLINE 6th of September 2021
- SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS 10th of September 2021
- HACKATON DATES 15th – 17th of September
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENTS 17th of September
- 1st place: 10,000 USD
- 2nd place: 8,000 USD
- 3rd place: 6,000 USD
Application Deadline: 6th of September 2021