2022/2023 Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies (PIIRS) Fung Global Fellows Program for Scholars Worldwide.
Each year the program selects scholars from around the world to be in residence at Princeton for an academic year and to engage in research and discussion around a common theme.
Eligibility Criteria for Postdoctoral Scholars:
1. Eligible postdoctoral scholars must have completed all requirements for their Ph.D. before September 1, 2022 but cannot have more than two years of postdoctoral experience prior to the start of the appointment, September 1, 2022. The receipt of the Ph.D. is determined by the date on which all requirements for the degree at the applicant’s home institution, including the defense and filing of the dissertation, were fulfilled. If a candidate has turned in a final draft of their dissertation but not yet completed their Ph.D. before the start date, they may be temporarily appointed as a Senior Research Assistant with a 10% reduction in salary. Upon providing verification that they have completed all requirements for the Ph.D., they would then be promoted in rank and salary.
2. The postdoctoral appointment will be for one academic year for a scholar who has received a Ph.D. at an institution outside the United States and, who at the time of application, does not have a tenure-track faculty appointment. No exceptions will be made.
3. Fellowships will be awarded to candidates who have already demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievement and exhibit unusual intellectual promise. Criteria for the fellowship include the strength of the candidate’s research projects, the relationship of those projects to the program’s theme, the candidate’s previous scholarly work, the candidate’s ability to contribute to the intellectual life and intellectual exchange of the program. The selection committee is looking to establish a cohort of fellows whose work represents diverse analytical approaches and disciplinary backgrounds and addresses a wide variety of regions.
The following items must be submitted by the applicant, in English, by November 15, 2021 (11:59 p.m. ET):
* Online application: https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/21301
* Cover letter (1.5 pages maximum)
* Curriculum Vitae (including publications)
* Research proposal (maximum of 3 pages, single spaced)
* One writing sample (article or book chapter, maximum of 50 pages)
* The names and email addresses for three referees, who will be contacted automatically by the online application system with an invitation to upload their letter of recommendation to the system by the application deadline. (**Please note: all letters of reference should be submitted by your referees before the November 15, 2021 deadline**)
Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
For More Information: