2021 British Council FameLab Climate Change Communicators Competition worldwide.
FameLab Climate Change Communicators is a global online competition and training event to build trust in climate science.
British Council invite aspiring climate change communicators to submit a video giving a three-minute talk in English related to the theme of ‘Trust in Climate Science’. Whether you’re an early career researcher, working on climate change projects – or simply passionate about explaining climate science to new audiences – we would love to hear from you.
Ten finalists will be selected to go head-to-head in the FameLab Climate Challenge Communicators Online Final in September 2021 to battle it out for first place – who will wow judges and global audiences and be crowned winner?
FameLab® is a competition owned and created by Cheltenham Festivals and delivered globally by the British Council under licence.
Entrants must be:
- Aged 21 years of age or above;
- Based in one of the following participating countries for the purposes of study, research or long-term paid/voluntary employment: Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Turkey, Uganda or Vietnam;
- Studying or working in roles that relate to science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics. Individuals working in climate change related work in organisations such as non-government organisations (NGO) and charities are welcome to apply.
- Lecturers in science, mathematics or engineering subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- Researchers who use existing research or meta-studies – they don’t have to be getting their hands dirty
- People who work on applying science, technology or mathematics – for example, those in NGOs, charities, environmental organisations, technology start-ups, statisticians, computer technicians, consultants to industry
- Postgraduate students of science, mathematics or engineering
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business
If you’re passionate about climate action and making a real difference, we want to hear from you! There are many benefits to participation.
All finalists will take part in a two-day online masterclass delivered by leading science communication trainers.
You will meet and interact with an experienced panel of judges, and join a network of like-minded people from all over the world, as well as the wider FameLab community.
Cheltenham Festivals held the first FameLab in 2005. Its partnership with the British Council in 2007 took the competition global, and to date, more than 40,000 scientists and engineers have taken part.
The overall winner of the FameLab Climate Change Communicators will be awarded a place in the FameLab International Online Final in November, where you will join over 20 countries for further training, networking and the opportunity to compete to be the global FameLab International Winner 2021.
Application Deadline: 27 July 2021