AAI One World Scholarship Programme 2021/2022 for Students from Developing Countries.
The One World Scholarship Programme is a partial scholarship aimed at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who have come to Austria on their own initiative. Prospective awardees are expected to focus on questions related to development in their studies and research.
ORMAL REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
- application deadline: 31. July 2021
NO SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED FOR
- studies at private universities
- postgraduate study programmes (“Lehrgänge”, e.g. “Universitätslehrgang” or “Fachhochschullehrgang”) or other non-degree certificate programmes
- blended learning/distance learning study courses without compulsory attendance in Austria
- applicants with a residence title other than “student”
- non-degree programme students („außerordentliche Studierende“)
- short term visits and exchange programmes
A special case are Joint Master Programmes. Depending on different parameter some are eligible, while others are not. Please contact us beforehand to assess whether your programme is eligible.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A SUCCESFUL APPLICATION:
- Financial need
AAI consider own income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Evidence of good progress in studies
Good study progress documented by transcript of records of current and past studies. In programmes without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in development and according specialisation in studies
Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities etc.
Possible fields of specialisation are poverty reduction, social justice, global migrations, gender equality, climate change, sustainable use of resources, food security, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanisation, health, human rights, democratisation, good governance, fighting corruption, conflict prevention and resolution, international relations, intercultural dialogue. This list should provide applicants with an idea of relevant topics, it is, however, not exclusive.
The scholarship will contribute to exercise the right to education for those critical and intellectual young people who encounter poor conditions in their home countries. These aspects still apply more strongly to women. Regarding applications from equally qualified individuals, priority is given to female students.
- Please send your complete application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by E-Mail or by using a free data transfer (wetransfer)
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an online-interview
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
- account statement covering the past 3 months
- certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
- examinations taken and results of current studies
for Master students:
- Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Bachelor thesis
for Ph.D. students:
- Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Master thesis
- opinion of academic supervisor
- detailed description of research project and its contribution to deveopment practice or discourse
Application form Master students (download)Application form PhD students (download)
Application Deadline: July 31st 2021
For More Information: