Serving the industry by establishing and distributing fellowships and scholarships to high potential students in concrete-related graduate and undergraduate degree programs. Based on essays, submitted data, and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select student recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
A single online application form will be used for all the fellowship and scholarship awards. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Please select as many for which you wish to be considered but be sure you read each award requirements. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award cycle begins in Fall 2022, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) If chosen as a finalist, can you attend an interview in person at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 27, 2022? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation. All travel will be contingent upon country and state restrictions at that time. If in-person interviews can not occur, the process will be virtual.
- (Fellowships with Mandatory Internships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2022?
Fellowship recipients will receive the following:
- $10,000 – $15,000 USD educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials;
- Appropriate recognition in Concrete International magazine and on the Foundation website;
- Paid travel expenses and attendance fees to two ACI conventions (fellowship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed where they have the option of being assigned a Convention Guide); and
- Assistance in finding an industry mentor.
To be eligible for an award, you must be a full-time student for the entire award/school term (fall semester 2022 through spring semester 2023).
All applicants must submit the following five items.
- 1. Applicant’s contact and educational information.
- 2. A resume – Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Acrobat Adobe (.pdf) format
- 3. A 500-word essay.
- 4. Official transcripts – English language & with a 4.0 grading scale
- 5. Two endorsements
Application Deadline: November 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For More Information: