2021 AAI Salzburg Scholarship Program for Study in Austria.
The AAI Salzburg grants scholarships to students from developing countries.
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
- application deadline: 31. July 2021
NO SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED FOR
- studies at private universities
- postgraduate study programmes (“Lehrgänge”, e.g. “Universitätslehrgang” or “Fachhochschullehrgang”) or other non-degree certificate programmes
- blended learning/distance learning study courses without compulsory attendance in Austria
- applicants with a residence title other than “student”
- non-degree programme students („außerordentliche Studierende“)
- short term visits and exchange programmes
A special case are Joint Master Programmes. Depending on different parameter some are eligible, while others are not. Please contact us beforehand to assess whether your programme is eligible.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A SUCCESFUL APPLICATION:
- Financial need
We consider own income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Evidence of good progress in studies
Good study progress documented by transcript of records of current and past studies. In programmes without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in development and according specialisation in studies
Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities etc.
Possible fields of specialisation are poverty reduction, social justice, global migrations, gender equality, climate change, sustainable use of resources, food security, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanisation, health, human rights, democratisation, good governance, fighting corruption, conflict prevention and resolution, international relations, intercultural dialogue. This list should provide applicants with an idea of relevant topics, it is, however, not exclusive.
The scholarship will contribute to exercise the right to education for those critical and intellectual young people who encounter poor conditions in their home countries. These aspects still apply more strongly to women. Regarding applications from equally qualified individuals, priority is given to female students.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please send your complete application documents to email@example.com by E-Mail or by using a free data transfer (wetransfer)
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an online-interview
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
Application form Master students (download)Application form PhD students (download)
Application Deadline: July 31st 2021
For More Information: