2021/2022 DLR-DAAD Research Fellowship Programme for doctoral and postdoctoral study in Germany (Funded)
DLR-DAAD Research Fellowships is a programme implemented by the ‘German Aerospace Center’ (DLR) and the ‘German Academic Exchange Service’ (DAAD). DLR is Germany´s national research center for aeronautics and space. Its extensive research and development work in Aeronautics, Space, Transportation and Energy is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures. As Germany´s space agency, DLR has been given responsibility for the forward planning and the implementation of the German space program by the German federal government as well as for the international representation of German interests. Approximately 8,300 people plus ca. 400 international visiting scientists are employed in DLR´s 40 institutes and facilities at 20 locations in Germany.
Who can apply?
This special programme is intended for highly-qualified foreign doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists. DLR-DAAD Fellowships are defined and awarded on an individual basis. Each fellowship announcement will indicate the specific qualification requirements and terms of visit.
What can be funded?
The current offers are published under DLR-DAAD Fellowships – Current offers on the homepages of the DAAD and the DLR in the research fields:
Please note that within the DLR-DAAD programme, you can apply only for a DLR institute, not for a university or any other institution.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- not be of German nationality,
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements in the field of research corresponding to the fellowship offer,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree not more than six years ago,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/PhD/Candidate (Russia) not more than two years ago,
- Type C: applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,additional prerequisites may differ and are stated in the fellowship offers,
- have an excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of German is advantageous.
Duration of the funding
- Type A – Doctoral Students: 36 months
- Type B – Postdoctoral Students: 6 to 24 months
- Type C – Senior Scientists: 1 to 3 months
- Type A – Doctoral Students (Doctorate in Germany): monthly instalment of 1,760 euros; e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances
- Type B – Postdoctoral Students (Research in Germany): 2,400 euros per month
- Type C – Senior Scientists (Research in Germany): 2,760 euros per month
For More Information: