The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Fellowships 2021 for academic & professional staff of ACU member universities
ACU Fellowships facilitate collaboration at a distance and the creation of valuable new partnerships between member universities in different countries. From climate action to engineering, we have a wide variety of fellowships available in 2021 across different fields for ACU member university staff. This funding is intended for virtual collaboration only and will not fund physical travel.
The fellowships are primarily intended for academic and professional staff of ACU member universities. In some circumstances they can be used for collaboration between universities and the private sector – for more details of this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The maximum value of each fellowship is GBP 5,000.
- Accountancy Fellowship (Worshipful Company of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- Agriculture, Forestry & Food Science Fellowship (George Weston Limited)
- Canada Fellowships – Two fellowships are available. The Canada Fellowship (Gordon and Jean Southam) is for application by a Canadian member to partner with an institution outside Canada. The second Canada fellowship will be awarded to a member outside Canada to partner with a Canadian institution.
- Engineering (Wighton) Fellowship – This fellowship is only open to applicants from low and middle-income countries.
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Fellowships – Two fellowships are available. One will be awarded to a staff member from a Hong Kong member institution applying to work with a partner overseas, and the other to a staff member from an institution outside Hong Kong applying to work with a partner in Hong Kong.
- Information Technology and Computer Science Fellowship (Jacky McAleer Memorial)
- Swansea Fulton Climate Action Fellowships – Two fellowships are available. They are open to application by staff of ACU member universities outside the UK to partner with a researcher at Swansea University. The fellowships will be awarded for research which aims to improve understanding of the effects of climate change and develop solutions to mitigate its impact on our planet and society
Fellowships which do not have a specific subject attached are tenable in the following fields:
- Health and related social sciences
- Information technology and management
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects
- Sustainable development
- University development and management
Method of Application
Applicants must first identify and approach a collaborator at an ACU member university in a country other than the one where the applicant is employed.
Find other ACU member universities before completing an online application form.
As part of the application form, applicants must:
- Summarise the work they plan to carry out during the fellowship, and how the collaboration will benefit the project. Explain why they have chosen to collaborate with their particular partner institution for the project rather than any other.
- Describe the likely impact of the fellowship work.
- Explain how they expect the fellowship to benefit their own professional development.
- List the planned outputs of the fellowship.
- Submit a time plan of the work, which must cover a minimum of six months between September 2021 and August 2022.
- List the costs associated with the fellowship. These can include staff time, consumables, internet access and data, equipment, research data management, impact and engagement and open access.
- Submit a letter or email of support from their head of department at their home institution.
- Submit a letter or email of support from the collaborator at their partner institution.
Successful applicants will be required to submit two reports: one at the end of their fellowship and one a year later. In addition to reporting on the outcomes of the fellowship itself, they will also report on the challenges and opportunities of at a distance collaboration and any lessons learned. This element of the reporting will be shared with other ACU member institutions to share knowledge and perspectives
If you have a query which is not answered on this page, please email email@example.com
For More Information: