In honor of General Cissé , PartnersGlobal, Partners West Africa Nigeria and Partners West Africa Senegal are awarding research fellowships to two young African women researchers and practitioners working in the civil society and security sectors. Each fellow will receive a grant equivalent of 1,500,000 CFA (West African franc) to fund innovative research around the prevention and peaceful resolution of conflicts in Africa with a central focus on women, peace and security.
With these fellowships, the Partners Network aims to cultivate the next generation of leaders in women, peace and security and make progress toward realizing UNSCR 1325.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Only future or ongoing research projects are eligible for the Fellowship.
The selection criteria applied for the project appraisal are:
- Applicant’s capacity to carry out quality research (level of education, professional experience, published work, academic support);
- Relevance and originality of the issue in relation to current security and gender issues;
- Link to the themes selected for the Fellowship, as specified in Article 3;
- Methodology and structuring of the work;
- Analytical development of the project narrative and the planned fieldwork;
- Interest of the results and the practical impact of contributions.
Submit the complete application file electronically by March 15, 2021 to prix_WPS@partnerswestafrica.org
The application must contain the following files:
- 1 Resume/CV (contact details including home address and possibly institutional address, training, career path and professional project, photograph);
- 1 transcript of the Master’s degree and/or the doctoral research proposal approved by the committee members/ or a transcript of the doctoral/PhD diploma;
- 1 Letter of recommendation;
- 1 Copy of a research work already carried out (thesis chapter, scientific article, etc.);
- 1 research proposal for the General Lamine Cissé Fellowship (10 pages) including the following sections, in .doc or .docx format:
- Aim/goal of the research;
- Research problem;
- Research methodology;
- In the appendix of the research project:
- Indicative references;
- Research timeline;
- Estimated research budget.
Incomplete applications or those arriving after the Closing Date will not be considered. See the flyer below for more details.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
For More Information: