This unique double degree allows students to study for one year at LSE in London, the UK’s media capital, and one year at the Centre for Film and Media Studies, University of Cape Town.
This programme will give students the opportunity to:
- critically explore mediation in a global context, examining processes of globalisation in relation to organisation, production, consumption and representation in media and communications;
- study a range of theoretical courses at LSE, flexibly tailoring the programme to develop specialist interests, culminating in an independent research project on a topic in global media and communications;
- study a range of theoretical and/or practice-based courses at UCT and develop practical skills in an optional creative production at UCT;
- gain professional experience during an internship in Cape Town;
- prepare for high-level employment in media and communications-related professions anywhere in the world.
Students will be trained to examine the intersection of media and globalisation from an African vantage point. Students will gain an understanding of global media and communications in an African context and African media and communications in a global context. In our increasingly globalised world, international experience gained on one of our global programmes is invaluable and provides an excellent knowledge and experience base to work from.
Minimum entry requirements for MSc Global Media and Communications (LSE-UCT)
Upper second class honours (2:1) degree or equivalent in social science, or a degree in another field with professional experience in media and communications.
You only need to apply to LSE but you must meet both the LSE and UCT entry requirements.
Competition for places at the School is high. This means that even if you meet our minimum entry requirement, this does not guarantee you an offer of admission.
If you have studied or are studying outside of the UK then have a look at our Information for International Students to find out the entry requirements that apply to you.
Application Deadline:29 April 2021
For More Information: