The University of Oxford invites applications for the Dulverton Scholarships open to applicants for the 2021/2022 academic session who are ordinarily resident in any of the following countries and who are applying to any full-time masters or DPhil course at Oxford.
Preference will be given to those applying for a masterâ€™s degree before DPhil applicants are considered. Preference will be given to applicants who have not already studied in the UK or the USA. Applicants should intend to return to their country of ordinary residence on completion of their studies.
The scholarships are funded through the support of theÂ Dulverton Trust. The Dulverton Trust aims to support projects and people who can make a difference in the world, with particular focus on social issues, the natural world and heritage. The Dulverton graduate scholarships at Oxford form part of that vision, enabling outstanding scholars to undertake world-leading education at Oxford University, with the intention of using the experience and knowledge they gain to provide leadership in their home region after their studies.
- European countries:Â Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine.
- Sub-Saharan African countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, CÃ´te dâ€™Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, SÃ£o TomÃ© and PrÃncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Eligible candidates who are ordinarily resident in South Africa may also be considered.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs.
- Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply
- The Duvelton Scholarship is one that you will be considered for automatically if you fulfil the eligibility criteria and apply for your course by the relevant January deadline.
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship as part of the standard admissions process, or contacted directly by the University and invited to apply.
- Please see the Standard scholarship selection termsÂ for more information about the application and selection process.
Deadline:Â apply for your course by theÂ relevant January deadline.Â Selection is expected to take place by the end of May 2021.