National Enterprise Challenge is an initiative of theÂ Directors of Entrepreneurship CentersÂ across Nigerian Universities and are being supported by theÂ National Universities CommissionÂ (NUC).Â The competition is open to all current students irrespective of their field of study,Â undergraduate or postgraduate, full time or part-time. They must however be studying in aÂ Nigerian University.
National Enterprise Challenge is geared towards improving the entrepreneurial mindset andÂ motivating Nigerian University students to start and run ventures even while at school ratherÂ than looking for employment after graduation. The challenge will be opened from 21 st August,Â 2020 â€“ the World Entrepreneurship Day till 30 th September, 2020.
Selected entrepreneurs will pitch at the Regional level between 12-24 October, 2020. RegionalÂ winners will be declared by 31 st October, 2020 and the top three in each region will proceed toÂ compete at the national where ONLY 18 will be finalists.
As part of the process, finalists will be required to send a 3-minute video of their pitch whichÂ will be uploaded for general viewing and voting by the public. Results from the public vote willÂ constitute 30% of the total marks. The remaining 70% will be decided by our Grand Jury duringÂ the Global Entrepreneurship Week holding 16-22 November, 2020. Top three winners will beÂ awarded grants to start or grow their venture as follows:
1st Prize â€“ N1m
2nd Prize â€“ N750,000
3rd Prize â€“ N500,000
Regional winners (1st to 3rd ) will receive consolation prizes even as they proceed to the finals.
For More Information: