Aspen Institute invites application for the New Voices Fellowship for standout development professionals from the developing world in 2021.
The Fellowship offers development experts from Africa, Asia, and Latin America a year-long program of media support, advocacy lessons, training, and writing under the guidance of experienced mentors and trainers. On average, Fellows devote 10% of their working time towards the Fellowship over the course of the year.
The program helps Fellows sharpen their messages, elevate their stories, focus their media targets, and communicate their insights across a variety of media platforms â€“ illuminating crucial perspectives for a broad worldwide audience in order to champion policy change.
Fellows come from a variety of disciplines, ranging from public health to education to poverty alleviation, agriculture, and community activism. All Fellows are experts in their field with a deep understanding of broad development challenges and a passion for communicating their views
Worth of Award
All expenses related to the fellowship are paid, including certain media-related travel costs.
- The Fellowship is recruiting a total of 20-25 Fellows for 2021.
- They are recruiting Fellows who are development experts in fields such as food security, global health, human rights, and climate change.
- For the 2021 class, they will give special consideration to Fellows whose work focuses on COVID-19 relief, vaccine development, and pandemic resiliency.
- They are also recruiting for Fellows who are experts on the frontlines of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience.
- The Fellowship is open by nomination only.
- While the fellowship is non-resident and not full-time, it does require a significant and sustained time commitment as fellows write opinion articles, participate in interviews with local and international media, and speak at international conferences.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online.Â The Fellowship is open by nomination only.
Deadline:Â The nominations are open untilÂ October 31, 2020.