Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), its co-venture partners and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2020 NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. It provides yearly grant to the successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their degree programme.
Eligible undergraduate students studying NUC-accredited courses in Nigerian universities are invited to submit an electronic application via this portal. Ensure you read through all the information in the different tabs before you begin your application.
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5 grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online atÂ https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo.
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, and not more than 200 kilobytes;
- University orÂ JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- Oâ€™ Level Result(s); and â€˜Aâ€™ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of origin indicating applicantâ€™s local government of origin;
- Academic results for 100 level for 2018/2019 Academic Session
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on â€œApply Nowâ€ tab.
- Click on â€œRegister Nowâ€ to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click onÂ https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCoÂ to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click â€œApply Nowâ€ to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return toÂ https://candidate.scholastica.ng/, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- VisitÂ http://ninenrol.gov.ngÂ to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click â€œCreate Accountâ€ and fill in the requiredÂ fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centresÂ www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htmÂ to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return toÂ https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCoÂ and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
- Application for NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC/ SNEPCo National University Scholarship
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- NNPC/SNEPCo does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
Apply Before: 28th August, 2020.