Dive into the worldâ€™s largest call to reach the most disruptive startups that directly contribute to accelerate the achievement of theÂ Sustainable Development GoalsÂ (SDGs).
Led by theÂ World Tourism OrganizationÂ (UNWTO), the UN agency responsible for promoting sustainable, accessible and inclusive tourism, this Competition aims to encourage the global innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem to embrace sustainability and to deliver impact during theÂ United Nations Decade of ActionÂ starting this year.
Bringing together stakeholders from a variety of sectors across the economy, this initiative sets out to reach a common goal, to set innovation at the forefront of sustainable development in corporations and destinations.
Benefits for winning startups include but are not limited to:
- Pitch at a UNWTO Demo Day
- Curated mentorship programme including one-on-one and in-group sessions focused on Intellectual Property (IP), sustainability, business and leadership
- Access to technological support
- Connection to the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Potential pilot project with private sector collaborators and institutions
Startups from all walks of life, from all over the world and all economic sectors are invited to participate if meeting the following criteria:
- Be innovative in nature providing value-added solutions
- Be sustainability-driven
- Be scalable: to have potential for international growth and potential to be applied in corporations and destinations (countries, regions)
- Be an Early Stage or Series A startup
- Have a tested pilot and business plan
- Have been accelerated before
- Have a full-time team
All ways of innovation are welcome: new methods, processes, governance models, social impact initiatives, and technologies.
How to Apply
- Keep in mind the category or Sustainable Development Goal you will apply for
- Read theÂ Terms & ConditionsÂ (hipervinculado al PDF) of the Competition
- Make an attractive pitch deck in English (no more than 15 slides)
- List your web page, social media users and contact information
Once you have all of them ready, fill out theÂ Application formÂ in English
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 20 September, 2020