The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, they actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
Currently their scholars come from 55 countries of the world. Their subjects are various: law, sciences, music as well as medicine, just to name a few.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. In line with these principles, our Foundation awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, we actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home countryâ€™s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The Scholarship Program for International StudentsÂ is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
- You should be able to provide evidence of above average academic performance, have good knowledge of the German language (B2)
- Be no older than 30 when applying
- Bring broad general education and distinct interest in political issues
- Have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights.
- You should have been actively engaged in voluntary work for the benefit of the people and the society in your home country
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies.
- Human or dental medicine specialist training or post graduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for a scholarship.
- have a university degree, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- prove above average academic performance,
- be no older that 30 when applying,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany,
The scholarship program consists of:
- Financial assistance
- Personal guidance
- A wide seminar program
- Access to the worldwide KAS-network.
After the successful completion of studies, they remain in contact with their alumni and involve them in our national and international activities.
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for our scholarship program.
Each year new focus countries or regions are determined for our selection procedures. In 2020 the focus regions will beÂ Central Europe, Southeast Asia, Near East and Western Africa. Interviews will be conducted in Budapest, Seoul, Amman and a capital city in a West African country (yet to be determined). If you are living in a country or region close to these cities, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office â€“ please check their web-sites for the exact procedure and addressee. Students living in countries that are not listed cannot apply for the international selection procedure in 2020.
In case you are already living or studying in Germany, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship via the domestic selection program using our online procedure. Please fill out the application form online and upload all required application documents. Please do not send in any documents by mail as these will not be considered. The application period ends on July 15th (12:00/noon) each year for the domestic procedure.