The Association of Commonwealth Universities in the UK is offering the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students in low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, in 2020.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships give talented students from anywhere in the Commonwealth the opportunity to gain a Masterâ€™s degree while developing new skills, experiencing life in another country, and building their global networks.
Scholarships are for students committed to creating change in their communities and contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The scholarships are named in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron, and are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments.
Scholars will join an active international alumni network of more than 35,000 individuals who have benefited from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers and will contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth.
- Applicants must be a citizen or granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships sponsor Masterâ€™s Degrees in a broad range of subject areas, including:
- Arts and humanities
- Medicine, health and life sciences
- Physical sciences, engineering and mathematics
- Social sciences
- Awards are for Masterâ€™s degrees and are not applicable to distance learning courses
- Awards are open to citizens of all Commonwealth countries, other than the host country
- Award holders will build deeper and stronger links across the Commonwealth network, acting as ambassadors between home and host countries
- The subject areas available differ according to the Host University and/or Country.
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships offer a life-changing opportunity for cultural exchange and academic collaboration in unique environments across the globe
Worth of Award
Award recipients receive:
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance (stipend)
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant â€“ on request only; subject to approval
Method of Application
Identify which university you want to apply for from the list of universities on their website. Click on the university application link, make a profile and fill out the online form â€“ be sure to keep a record of your log in details
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload:
- High school certificate
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two academic references
- University offer letter for the course you have applied for if you already have one
Deadlines:Â Applications closeÂ July 9, 2020 4:00 (UTC +1)Â .