The University of Leeds is inviting applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship for undergraduates in the UK for the 2020/2021 academic session.
They are pleased to offer scholarships for forced migrants to the UK. The Sanctuary Scholarship is open to people who wish to study any undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. Successful applicants will be chosen using a set of selection criteria before a shortlisted group will be invited to interview. Successful applicants will not have to repay any of the money they receive through the scholarship.
You can apply for this scholarship if you have an offer or intend to study any of the following degrees full-time or part-time:
- Any undergraduate degree (notÂ including Foundation degrees)Â starting in September 2020.
- Any postgraduate degree starting in September 2020..
- Any research degree, including a PhD, starting from September 2020.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition and Â£10,000 a year towards living costs.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a forced migrant to the United Kingdom (a person displaced from their homeland or place of residence for political, economic, ethnic, environmental, or human rights pressures).
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, for example from Student Finance England or a local authority grant.
As well as meeting both of the above criteria, you also will need to have the residency status ofÂ oneÂ of the following:
- An asylum seeker â€“ a person who has made a claim within the UK for refugee status.
- A refugee who is unable to access funding from Student Finance England.
- A person who has been granted limited or discretionary leave to remain
- Indefinite leave to remain
- Section 67 Leave
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
How to Apply
- Applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship for 2020 entry are now open and can be completed via anÂ online application form.
- Please note, applying for the Sanctuary Scholarship is not the same as applying for a place on your chosen course. The Sanctuary Scholarship application is for funding only. To apply for a place on your chosen course,Â search for your programmeÂ and follow the instructions on the relevant page.
- If you have any questions about the scholarship or wish to submit your supplementary evidence please emailÂ email@example.com.
Applications will close atÂ 9am on Monday July 13, 2020. No incomplete or new applications will be accepted after this date.