If you know an individual or an organization/community that is setting an example with their recycling initiatives, nominate them as a #RecyclingHero and they could win $1,000 towards supporting their recycling and environmental initiatives. Or you could even nominate yourself!
The Global Recycling Foundation wants to celebrate the worldâ€™s unsung or local #RecyclingHeroes, from children, schools, teachers and professionals to businesses and communities, and everyone in-between. They want to hear from people across the planet about what or who has inspired them with their recycling efforts!
Once you have nominated your #RecyclingHeroes, the Global Recycling Foundation team will recognize the top 100 #RecyclingHeroes and ten winners will be chosen from across the world. The ten winners will jointly represent the following regions: North America, Central & South America, Europe, Africa and Australasia.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition is openÂ worldwide.Â Employees ofÂ the Global Recycling FoundationÂ and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competitionÂ is exempt from winning any competition money.
Global Recycling Foundation #RecyclingHeroes Competition Benefits.
- Each of the ten winners will receive a $1,000 prizeÂ to contribute to their recycling initiative, and theÂ FoundationÂ will promote their work to audiences across the world.
Method of Application
- Nominate your #RecyclingHeroesÂ by March 8, 2020 andÂ complete the online formÂ detailing who you are nominating and why in 100 words or less.
- ShareÂ your #RecyclingHeroesÂ nomineeÂ on Instagram or TwitterÂ and use the hashtagÂ #RecyclingHeroesÂ andÂ #GlobalRecyclingDay.Â For Instagram posts, please include a photo of your choice,Â i.eÂ an image of your nominee, or a recycling-related image
- Be followingÂ @GlbRecyclingDayÂ on Twitter andÂ @globalrecyclingdayÂ on Instagram