The Tech By Her Accelerator is supporting burgeoning female-led tech ventures in becoming globally competitive and sustainable brands. It is powered by MEST with support from the Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative, â€˜Make-IT in Africaâ€™, (implemented by Deutsche fÃ¼r Gesellschaft Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The purpose of the Tech By Her Accelerator program is to develop a strong Pan African female entrepreneurship community. Weâ€™re achieving this by mentoring female founders and building an alumni network of successful Tech By Her Accelerator participants who become ambassadors for other upcoming founders.
They will be selecting ten (10) of the best and most impactful female entrepreneurs in Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya. Outside of drive, ambition, and a genuine interest in the growth of your business, you should also:
- Have begun operations at least one (1) year before applying for this program and have a live product or service on the market.
- Be an African national or resident and have registered the business in one of the three operational countries (Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya).
- Have evidence of revenue and a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
- Be a founder/co-founder of your organisation, female and available to participate fully in all aspects of the
- Be an early-stage startup and have achieved commercialisation and monetisation phase.
- Be technology-based, or have technology as the core enabler of the business.
- Be a business model with a social impact, i.e. with a solution to a problem as described in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (locally and/or globally)
- Be willing to organize at least one (1) community event in your operational country with support from the local MEST office.
- Be willing, as a founder, to be an ambassador of the program and of tech entrepreneurship, encouraging and motivating other females in the entrepreneurial space.
MEST Africa Tech By Her Accelerator Program Benefits.
Selected fellows receive:
- Holistic Coaching and Training
- Access to industry leaders and experts from across the continent
- Supportive Community of leading female entrepreneurs
- Invitation to the alumni network of successful female entrepreneurs
- An expansive network of tech experts
- 2 Intensive Boot Camps in Accra, Ghana, all expenses paid
- 3 months of virtual mentoring and coaching
- Media publicity and visibility through MEST social media pages, websites and partner media
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the â€œApplyâ€ button below: