The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is offering scholarship opportunities to Africans who are willing to study for a degree program at the Institution.
Through tailored leadership development activities, theÂ MINDSScholarship ProgrammeÂ aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
Eligible Countries:Â African countries
Value of Scholarship:Â The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
- Applicants must be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Applicants must have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Applicants must have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
How To Apply:Â You can submit your application by clickingÂ HERE. Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be inÂ PDF format. Each attachmentÂ Â should not exceed 2MBÂ Â in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application.
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicantâ€™s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
VisitÂ The Official WebsiteÂ For More Information
Application Deadline:Â Ongoing