This fellowship is open to African American/Black graduate and professional students, excluding students in the Health Sciences.
Course Level:Â Graduate degree
Access Mode:Â Online
Number of Awards:Â Varies
Nationality:Â Domestic Students
The award can be taken inÂ theÂ United States
Eligible Countries:Â Domestic Students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects:Â The sponsorship will be awarded in anyÂ graduate degreeÂ subjects in Engineering, Science offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria:Â Applicants must have:
- Nominees must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Nominees must be African-American/Black.
- Nominees must be incoming (Fall 2020) graduate students; students admitted for the spring 2020Â and summer 2020Â terms are also eligible.
- Nominees must have completed an application forÂ on-campus, fall 2020Â admission to a Ph.D. program,Â J.D.,Â or aÂ College of Creative Arts graduate programÂ at the time the fellowship nomination is submitted.
- Nominees must have aÂ minimumÂ GPA ofÂ 3.2 for undergraduateÂ orÂ 5 for graduateÂ course work.
- Note: Health Sciences doctoral studentsÂ may not be nominatedÂ for thisÂ fellowship.
How to Apply:Â For applying, applicants need to takeÂ admissionÂ to the university. After taking acceptance, after that, you can automatically consider this study grant.
- Supporting Documents:Â Applicants must have all previous documents, academic transcripts and certificates to apply for this study program.
- Language Requirements:Â Applicants must be able to demonstrate a good command of the English language for the opportunity .
- The Du Bois Fellowships provide an annual stipend of $19,000, waiver of University tuition, a College tuition grant (fall and spring terms), payment of University fees, and graduate student health insurance coverage.
- Awards are paid over a 9-month period, during which time students must be enrolled full-time.
- Awards provide up to three years of funding.
- Students who are awarded this fellowship will be provided with summer University tuition waivers by request.
Application Deadline: February 9, 2020