We are pleased to inform that theÂ Imperial College London is offering scholarship opportunities to high performing students who are interested in pursuing a PhD program at the Institution.
The Presidentâ€™s Ph.D. Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Eligible Countries:Â International
To Be Taken At:Â United Kingdom
Number Of Awardees:Â Not specified
Value Of Scholarships:Â Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of Â£21,000 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of Â£2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
Eligibility:Â To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction.
- have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
How To Apply:Â There is not a specific scholarship application form.Â You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through ourÂ online admissions systemÂ and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the 2-page limit. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
- To be considered for the Presidentâ€™s Ph.D. Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
- Applicants who apply beforeÂ 8Â November 2019Â and are awarded a scholarship will be notified byÂ 4 FebruaryÂ 2020.Â
- Applicants who apply beforeÂ 10 January 2020Â and are awarded a scholarship will now be notified byÂ 31 March 2020.
- Applicants who apply beforeÂ 20 March 2020Â and are awarded a scholarship will be notified byÂ 29 May 2020Â