Chiang Mai University is providing students with an opportunity to apply for the Presidential funding for International Students in Thailand for the academic year 2020-2021.
Approximately 200 grants are available for the brilliant aspirants from Thailand and all over the globe to study the master’s and doctoral degree coursework at the Chiang Mai University.
Course Level: Master’s and doctoral degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: 200 bursaries are available
Nationality: Thai and international students
The award can be taken in Thailand
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from Thailand and all over the globe
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Master’s and doctoral degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered for this grant, the applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- For Doctoral Degree Level: Applicants needs to hold the bachelor and masters degree. In case the applicant has studied a master’s degree program with a thesis only, the applicant must have published a good publication or gained good results in their thesis work. Research Plan provides a description, about 3-5 pages, explaining the research plans at Chiang Mai University.
- For Master’s Degree Level: Candidate needs to hold the bachelor degree. An international or a regular graduate program while doing a Master’s Thesis (Type 1 or 2) only is applicable. International programs or programs taught in English will be considered more highly. Research Outline of the program applied for. At least 2 pages detailing the research outline, in addition to previous research experiences and the research work presented at the meeting and/or published to date.
How to Apply
For being enlisted in this educational program, seekers are demanded to enrol in the master’s and doctoral degree coursework at Chiang Mai University. After taking confirmation, claimants will be automatically considered for this education award.
For enrolling in the master’s degree program, seekers are required to be a bachelors degree holder: GPA not less than 3.50 (based on the maximum of 4.00) or equivalent and for a doctoral degree, applicants need to hold bachelor’s or master’s degree with a GPA not less than 3.50 (based on the maximum of 4.00) or equivalent. Candidates are also advised to check the entry requirements of the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are needed to attach all required documents as mentioned transcripts, English proficiency certificate, letters of recommendation, research plan and any other supporting documents such as publications and letter of recommendation from a CMU potential major advisor that states the expected outcomes from receiving the program.
- Language Requirements: Certificate of English Language Proficiency last dated within the last 2 years: IELTS or TOEFL only, IELTS scores of 6.0, TOEFL scores of 550 (PBT) or 183 (CBT) or 79 (IBT), except the applicants who are Native English Speakers.
The grant will provide:
- Living Allowance (Food, Accommodation, Local Travelling): THB 12,000 per month while staying in Thailand
- Settlement Allowance: THB 6,000 on arrival
- Thesis Publication Allowance: in lump sum THB 6,000
- Tuition Fee: THB 50,000 to 200,000
- Life, accident and health insurance: THB 3,000 per year
- Books and Stationery: in lump sum THB 3,000 per semester
- Air Fare or any other travel expenses from home town/city/country to CMU, and from CMU to home town/city/country: as per actual cost with a maximum of THB 15,000 per trip
Application Deadline: October 11, 2019