Western Union is a leader in global financial services with the digital and physical capabilities to move money in more than 200 countries and territories. With 32 transactions being made by Western Union every second, the company helped businesses and other customers move more than Â£150 billion in 2017.
Western Union believes that when money moves, better things happen. A business expands. A child goes to college. Emergency aid arrives when itâ€™s needed. An economy prospers, an opportunity opens, a community heals and relationships endure.
Are you passionate about financial inclusion? Are you a problem-solver who believes in finding innovative solutions? The Moving Money For Better Scholarship is an opportunity for creative leaders who believe in our purpose ofÂ moving money for better.
The Moving Money For Better Scholarship will allow two leaders passionate about financial inclusion the opportunity to join the Western Union delegation at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom. During the Summit they will connect with fellow change makers from more than 190 countries!
Western Union Moving Money For Better Scholarship Benefits.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019Â in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis (inclusive) between 22 and 25 October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Western Union Moving Money For Better Scholarship Eligibility.
Applicants should be between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change through the financial the financial inclusion of those who may be left behind by the rapidly hanging global economy
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the link below to apply:
Scholarship Application DeadlineÂ : 12 June 2019.