African Leadership Academy (ALA) seeks to enroll the most outstanding young leaders from across African and around the world — ALA is not only looking for young people who are smart and excel academically, we are also looking for young people with potential to lead and impact the world around them through their courage, initiative and innovation. Please watch our video if you would like to learn more.
- Applicants should be aged between 15 – 18 years.
- Open to the most outstanding young leaders from across Africa and around the world. ALA is not only looking for young people who are smart and excel in the academic environment, they are looking for young people with the potential to lead and impact the world around them through their courage, initiative and innovation.
African Leadership Academy (ALA) Diploma Program Financial Aid.
Everyone who applies and is then admitted to ALA, regardless of financial background or nationality, is eligible to receive significant financial assistance in the form of scholarships and loans towards studying at ALA and accessing membership to ALA’s lifelong network. The cost of tuition at ALA is USD $30,900 per year.
The all-inclusive cost of $30,900 per annum to attend ALA includes:
- All-inclusive for fees for a full year covering tuition, accommodation, sports, activities, meals and uniforms.
- Full access to ALA’s campus facilities including entertainment areas, sports fields, high-speed fibre internet, biometric security control.
- There is proactive health and wellness care, including private medical insurance for every student.
- The Explore Johannesburg program, which gets students out and about in our world-class African city, attending cultural and entertainment events.
- Access to the exclusive and globally renowned University Guidance and “next steps” team, who will advise ALA families on tertiary study, gap year and other options.
- Exclusive access to the Africa Careers Network, a team at ALA dedicated to finding and securing employment for ALA graduates across the continent with top employers.
African Leadership Academy (ALA) Diploma Program Selection Criteria.
- Leadership Potential: At African Leadership Academy they seek young leaders with the potential to transform Africa and the world. They encourage you to share with them the activities in which you participate and the leadership roles you assume at home, in your school, or in your community, and they hope you will think critically about what “leadership” means to you.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Entrepreneurs identify needs in the world around them and take action to alleviate those needs. They start businesses, health clinics, youth organizations, and social movements. They bring new products and ideas to the world. Their efforts create value and improve lives. ALA encourages you to celebrate your entrepreneurial spirit and share your entrepreneurial ideas with them.
- Passion for Africa: Do you have an African dream? Are you excited by the idea of spending two years in a community of individuals from a wide range of cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds from across the continent?
- Commitment to Service: When leaders use their skills for the benefit of their communities, we all benefit. Are you passionate about uplifting your community? Do you dream of a world in which all people are able to realize their dreams? Have you demonstrated this passion at school or in your community? ALA hopes you will share with them how you plan to give back to your community and the world.
- Academic Achievement: To succeed in the rigorous and challenging ALA curriculum, students must have demonstrated mastery of the subject matter taught at the school they attended before entering the Academy. The selections committee will closely review scores from national examinations and the marks and comments on each applicant’s school reports. Finalists will also write an entrance examination.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below: