The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeriaâ€™s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the worldâ€™s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the worldâ€™s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Applications are invited for the program below:
Title:Â Sabbatical Attachment for University LecturersÂ
Duration:Â 12 months (non renewable)
- The sabbatical attachemnt offers University lecturers from the rank of Senior Lecturer and above an opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to Shell Companies in Nigeria
- It also offers them avenue to acquire industry-related experience and lectureship at any of the SPDC JV centres of Excellence (CoE)
Teams / DisciplineÂ
- Environment: Impact Assessment, Biodiversity, Environmental Management, and Ecotoxicology/Biostatistics.
- External Relations: Social Performance â€“ Social Impact Assessment and GMoU Implementation.
- Community Health: Consultant Obstetrics & Gynecology and Pediatrics.
- Exploration: Geology and Geophysics.
- Oil Spill Response: Groundwater Remediation and Mangrove Re-planting & Management.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit the following:
- A duly signed one-page application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- A Curriculum Vitae including, applicantâ€™s phone number, email address, as well as three referees with their contact information.
- A titled one-page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SPDCâ€™s business during the 1 2-month sabbatical attachment.
- Scanned copy of the data page of applicantâ€™s international passport or National Driverâ€™s Licence.
All documents should be sent to:Â SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com
- Applicants should not send any additional document apart from those listed under â€œMethod of Application.â€
- Applications from persons who have previously benefited from the sabbatical leave attachment in any Shell Companies will not be considered. Applicants must have relevant teaching and practical experience in indicated disciplines. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline:Â 15th April, 2019.