Funded by the U.S. Department of State U.S. MEPI (Middle East Partnership Initiative), the Tomorrowâ€™s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Scholarship is available at Lebanese American University.
Lebanese American University (LAU) is an accreditedÂ American universityÂ operating in Beirut and Byblos,Â Lebanon, under a charter from the State of New York. ItÂ is a secular and private American University.
Course Level: Master
Scholarship Award: A $500 USD monthly stipend, Full tuition fees an many more
Nationality: International students
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Lebanon
Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to pursue Master degree in the following field Applied Economics, Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, International Affairs, and Migration Studies.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
Students who are committed to pursue hands-on public policy research and work as a part of asterâ€™s program are eligible to apply. To apply, you need to demonstrate financial need status per MEPI and LAUâ€™s Financial Aid policies.
Method of Application:
- To apply, the applicants must download theÂ application form.
- The applicants need to submit the complete application form with all financial aid supporting documents toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ (make sure you indicate â€œTLG-MEPI applicantâ€ in the subject line).
Â Supporting Documents:
As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Completed LAU-TLG admission application forÂ 2019-2020
- A recent passport-size photo.
- Identity card or passport (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- Educational certificates or diplomas (Bachelor, License, etc).
- Official transcript(s) of grades from all colleges or universities attended.
- Personal Essay of at least 1,000 words
- A research statement
- Recommendation letters from two professors who are familiar with your academic performance.
- Certificate(s) of employment with a CV, if you have relevant work experience(s).
- Official scores of English proficiency test (depending on the university/college attended) by submitting one of the below:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), with a minimum score of 90.Â The code for LAU is Â 2595. The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
- Applicants with Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) scores between 80 and 89 and IELTS scores of 6.5, have to register for ENG009 Remedial English, a three-credit course, or retake andÂ pass the English test within the first year of enrollment.Â IBT and IELTS scores below 80 and 6.5 respectively are not acceptable.
- N.B.Â English proficiency exams may not be required from applicants from universities recognized by LAU where the language of instruction is English.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must take admission into the university.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 31, 2019